Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, as long as you present a note from your doctor and sign a pregnancy waiver at the studio. The Prescription Team will work with you throughout your pregnancy to customize the program for all nine months. In addition, Custom Programs can be performed in studio rooms that are not as warm as the central studio. A pregnancy waiver, in addition to a doctor’s note, is required.
For at-home workouts, Tracy created The Pregnancy Project, a comprehensive DVD series that will take you through all nine months of pregnancy.
Depending on the type of birth, you can usually begin after six or eight weeks. However, your doctor must release you to exercise first. Your abdominal wall can separate during labor, so you need to be checked to ensure that your body is ready. Once released, it’s important to start the Tracy Anderson Method as soon as possible, as the pregnancy hormone Relaxin, which triggers the body to expand, remains in your system for four to six months after your delivery. The hormone can be harnessed to help the body contract, so time is of the essence!
Not at all. The Tracy Anderson Method is appropriate for all body types, ages, and fitness levels. Ultimately, the most important thing is to start. The muscular structure work is generally resistance and mat-based, and the dance cardio can be tempered to lower the impact.
In our studios, The Prescription Team will perform a body assessment and consultation to create the perfect plan for your body shape and ability.
The Tracy Anderson Method is designed to provide all the exercise that your body needs. If you’re passionate about a certain type of external program, please share it with The Prescription Team during your body assessment. That said, many types of cardio can be counterproductive to the design-work you’re creating with the Tracy Anderson Method.
No, consistency is key when you’re asking your body to create balance where there is imbalance. In addition, continuing to move through the workouts despite soreness will help your muscles release some of the toxins that are creating the soreness in the first place.
Please contact your nearest Tracy Anderson studio to learn more about Private Training. Private Training sessions can be done either in-studio or at your home. You do not need to have a studio membership plan to book Private Training sessions.
Yes, Tracy leads classes for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels in the TA Online Studio every week.
Tracy is not available for Private Training sessions in the studio, however she is intimately involved with the custom prescription of every client. Tracy and her Prescription Team take all of the Tracy Anderson trainers through an extensive program to ensure that they are prepared to work with any client at any level. In addition, Tracy creates all of the exercises and routines that are offered in every class, in every Custom Program, and in every Private Training session. When her schedule allows, Tracy teaches Master Classes at the studios. All studio members are invited to participate in these group sessions. She also hosts ViTAlity Weeks in cities across the globe, which are open to studio members and non-members, alike.
No. In fact, there are many trainers around the world who pose as Tracy Anderson Method instructors, but are not part of the company. Only trainers currently employed by Tracy Anderson are approved to teach the Method. That said, we can send a Tracy Anderson trainer to another state or country for Private Training. You can contact any Tracy Anderson studio to book this service.
Note that your subscription is an auto-renew subscription unless you cancel before the expiration date. If you have already cancelled and would like to renew, simply purchase the new desired subscription or contact us.
Your login name is the email address you used when registering.
- Click one of the following links to access the forgot password page for TA Online Studio, PER4MANCE Program, or Teen Stream.
- Enter your email address to start the password reset process.
- If you are an active customer, you will be emailed a link to set a new password. Check your email inbox for that link!
If you do not receive the password reset email, search for a message from firstname.lastname@example.org. The email might be in your spam folder.
Once you have logged in, click the circular icon in the top right corner of the screen to access your account settings. From there, you can update your email address and password.
Most residential cable and DSL connections should be more than adequate. If HD feels slow to load, try turning off any background applications that could be using up bandwidth. Or, push the play button in the player and then pause to let the video buffer before viewing.
We support Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge. Whichever browser you prefer, please use the most up-to-date version available to ensure that everything on the site works smoothly.
Yes. Click the icon in the play bar that has four outward arrows (expand) and you’ll enter full-screen mode. When you’re in full-screen mode, the icon in that same location will have four inward arrows (collapse) to return to the original display mode.
- Try viewing the video at lower resolution. The gear icon in the lower right side of the player window allows you to choose auto and a variety of quality levels. Usually “auto” will be your best setting, but you can manually set it to something lower, e.g., 360p being the lowest. You can visit this websitefor more detail on playback quality and buffering.
- Close applications and other browser tabs and windows that you aren’t using.
- Clear the browser cache.
- Clear cookies from your browser.
- Try another web browser.
- Try another device, if possible. If you’re using a tablet or phone, try a computer/laptop.
- If you’re using a computer and there are other users, log out the other users.
- Try playing another Tracy Anderson video to see if playback is a problem.
Maybe! Here are some suggestions to try:
- Try using your device as close to the router as possible.
- Turn off WiFi devices that you aren’t using.
- If you’re on a computer, try using a wired (vs. wireless) internet connection.
- Try resetting your wireless gateway, modem, or router. Please also unplug it from power and wait a minute before plugging it back in & letting it restart.
Please contact us and include answers to these questions:
- What video are you watching?
- What type of device/computer are you viewing the content on?
- What operating system are you running on the device?
- What internet browser are you using to watch the video?
- Do you see problems at predictable points in the video, i.e., at certain time(s) in the video, or does it appear to be random?
- Have you ever successfully watched this Tracy Anderson video or related videos with the same setup you’ve described?
- Can you try, and do you have problems streaming video from other services (e.g., YouTube, Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, etc.)?
- Check your internet speed by going to http://testmy.net/downloadand click the button “test download speed.” Afterward, (a) go to the “share this result” tab, (b) push the “result url” button, and (c) cut and paste the url and send back to us.
- Which of the suggestions in the other FAQ have you tried (e.g., clearing browser cache, trying a wired connection, etc.)?
If you would like to speak with a customer service representative in regards to DVD products, apparel and equipment, ViTAlity events, or digital DVD downloads, please call 866-518-6138, Monday–Friday, 8:00 am –8:00 pm EST or email email@example.com. Please note that this is not the appropriate contact for Online Studio or PER4MANCE Program subscriptions.
For questions regarding Online Programs, please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.